Sunday, May 2, 2010

dear 7 year old me,

i know you're upset because you're not a mermaid and because no fairy godmothers have comforted you while you cry. your feet aren't very small, so you could never be cinderella, anyway. you don't want a genie and the dwarves probably won't make good friends. your tea set won't play with you and you keep losing your library card. you're not sure what makes you special, or if you even are. you know early on that life sometimes hurts. but please don't be upset that you're not actually a princess and that your dad isn't there to love you. you'll find that there's more love than you can possibly imagine in the family you call home.

2 comments:

  1. This letter made me smile and tear up at the same time. I just love this blog and all your inspired comments! (PS - I still lose my library card and wish I was a mermaid!)

    ReplyDelete